Wednesday, October 16, 2013

How I Setup My Filofaxes (pt.2)

This is part 2 of how I setup my Filofaxes, if you'd like to read part 1 simply click here :)




A5 sized Finsbury

This was the 3rd and most latest Filofax I have ever purchased, it was always at the top of my wish list since discovering Filofaxes so I feel very fortunate to own this particular one :)

Much like the setup of my personal size, my A5 is simply a more detailed system. Whilst I don't carry my A5 around with me, I do like to have that option available and my current handbag seems the perfect size.



Currently I do not keep any cards in the 6 allocated slots, I do however keep paper work that is relevant to now in the large slot. 


On the provided flyleaf I keep my daily to-do list. I did have a whole to-do list tab in my Filofax, but I found I wasn't referring to it as often as I'd like to and at the end of the day was not crossing off a lot of the listed things.

This system works for me, and at the end of every day I write a new list for the following day. 

I keep a photo of hubby to be and I behind the flyleaf, this photo was taken from our engagement photo shoot and I just think it's very romantic and awe inspiring.



The first two tabs you see straight away are my Monthly and Weekly ones. I printed out my months from Hellocuteness.com they honestly have the cutest printable's I have seen so far for calendars!


Tabs in A5

Calendar:
As I just discussed above I use the free printable monthly calendars from Hellocuteness.com.


Weekly Planner:
I was using the appointment-style week on two pages that originally came with my Filofax however my lifestyle really does not suit the appointment layout, I found a much better (and FREE) week on two page layout via the website My Life All In One Place. Since switching to the new layout I feel like I use my A5 a lot more and am overall more organised due to the simpler layout. 



Family:
Here I keep Important Contacts, Important Dates and a quick rundown of our Weekly Routine. I have a seperate spiral organiser for Christmas however I have kept the Christmas Gift Ideas and Card List in my Filofax for quick reference, of course after the Christmas period these two tabs will be removed.

Home:
Meal Planning, Grocery Lists, Menus

Sewing:

SkinnyBudget Blog:

Goals:
Whatever my current goals are, I keep a sub category for each one in my Filofax with a breakdown of each goal into micro steps in order to make each one of my goals more achievable.

At the very back of the Filofax I have the 8 card slot that came with my Filofax, however I currently do not use it.

The notepad at the back is simply used to quickly jot things down, and I later write them (neatly) into my A5- colour coded accordingly of course!

So there you have it! That's how I set up both my Personal and A5 Filofax Finsbury :)


Feel free to share this post as I know I am always curious how others setup their lives in their Filofax :) Also be sure to pop back over on Friday where I go a bit more into detail about how I organise my weeks with my Filofax :)

Until Next Time,



3 comments:

  1. Hiya, love your Filo's =)
    I am trying to decide if I can get by with just my personal chameleon, or if I need to go for pocket, in my bag, and a5 at home...
    How do you keep your two Finsbury's synced?
    Thanks again for your posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I dedicate some time each Sunday to sync up my Filofaxes. I make sure each week has the same information (doctors appointments, haircuts etc.) then go about adding all the extra things like my to-do list or meal plan for the week.

      It doesn't take me more than 20 minutes, and for the rest of the week, no matter which size Filofax I am favouring, they both have the same information in them :)

      Hope this helped :)

      Natasha x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your reply, have just read your post about sync-ing, very helpful. Thought you might like the downloadable personal and a5 inserts that I recently purchased from Etsy...
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MrsBrimbles?ref=l2-shopheader-name
    Cute and functional, Anna hasn't asked me to promote her shop, I just love her printables x
    Keep up the Filofax posts, please?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover