Monday, July 1, 2013

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish

LipStick Review

This is just a quick post to update you on my Lipstick collection. I picked up 3 Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipsticks a little while ago from my local Coles Supermarket, however only recently having been rocking the different shades on my lips.

They didn't have a whole lot of variety in regards to the colour selection at Coles, and I'm told there are only 7 shades available, so I tried to pick the most varying colours that I could. 


I love the packaging. It's quite sleek and aesthetically pleasing. The image below shoes the Rimmel Kate lipstick next to my Revlon. 





I tend to prefer no.5, it's a nice 'girly' colour but can easily be toned down and worn to a family get together without looking 'dolled up.' Each one of the 3 lipsticks is lightly scented. I'm not quite sure what it smells like, but theres definitely a different smell to your generic lipstick smell.


These aren't the best pictures, I do apologise. Hopefully you are still able to see the colour pigments. No.7 is also a lovely colour, and I think would suit my mum who has a darker skin tone then I do. It seems to look a little 'flat' on myself.

The picture below is after wearing No.7 for half an hour (and drinking my beloved coffee.)



No. 12 is quite a coral colour and the most stand out of the 3 I have reviewed IMO. I tend to avoid coral lipsticks lately and that's mainly because my skin is a lot more paler in winter so orange/ coral colours don't seem all that flattering to myself.


Overall the colour options at Coles were quite dispointing, however the lipsticks themselevs in regards to staying power were quite impressive. They certainly weren't the longest lasting lipsticks I have tried, however they held for over an hour before I noticed any smudging/ fading etc.

So that's my review (so far) on the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Range. I would love to trial more colours from the range to see if I can possibly find that 'perfect' shade. 


Until Next Time,




2 comments:

  1. LOVE #5...great girly colour!

    PS: Enter the Cosima Skincare giveaway today: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/cosima-organic-skincare-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got 19, 01 and 22. I've been wearing 19 almost everyday! I actually like these lippies better than Revlon. I'm thinking of getting #5 too -- it does seem lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover