Friday, June 28, 2013

Makeup Organisation

Getting the Acrylic Look on a Budget


I had been storing my entire makeup collection using 2 organisers I picked up from Target a while back. From the start I knew this would be a temporary setup as I wanted an acrylic drawer organiser, but was in no way ready to spend $60-100 on one. 


Then I saw an idea on Pinterest, to use File Organisers to store your makeup. It was inexpensive and looked just as organised. It was a really clever idea and one I never stopped thinking about it. Then I read a blog post about exactly that, using a file organiser as someones makeup organiser. So I had to give it a try. Whilst walking through OfficeWorks on the way to my stationery haul I spotted the Keji drawer storage system, as used by sleep and water. They were $14.99 so I scooped one up.  



I went ahead and labelled the drawers to make it easier when I'm in a rush (which I generally am these days) to find what I need. The overall organisation transformation was so inexpensive and I love the fact it's all there.


In the top drawer I can items relating to my eyes, however I have made the decision not to put my eyeliners and mascara in this drawer currently. I purchased 2 bubble-ish glasses from a Target Stock Clearance for $5 in total and am using the taller glass for my brushes and the shorter for misc. items such as eyeliners or lip pencils.



I think I may have to relocate my lipstick collection to a larger container though. I've been thinking about doing this ever since I noticed I now have 2-3 too many lippies for the container I am currently using.


I repurposed the box my Hilary Duff With Love perfume came in, and it now houses my entire perfume collection.




I've snuck my highlighter in with my blush and bronzers for now as I only have one. I'm loving my Rimmel Match Perfection Blush at the moment and seem to favor it for my everyday other day makeup look.


I aim to keep a good skincare routine, but I am very open to trying new products so this drawer can get a little full/ messy. 

This system has opened my eyes to the fact my makeup collection is expanding but is in no way a large collection. The deepest drawer (the 4th) is home to all my skincare products at the moment, as at current I don't house that much makeup to fill that drawer. 

I am sure my collection will continue to grow as I experiment and review other products. 

How do you store your makeup collection?


Until next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover