Monday, June 24, 2013

How I Organise My A5 Filofax

My 2013 Family 'Control' Journal



I've been going back and forth with different ideas on how I wanted to better manage our home/ family, I've done the Family Binder and whilst it did work for the first few weeks... the system failed us (or I failed that system soon after.)

So with the latest addition of my A5 Filofax Finsbury, I have slowly been ironing out the kinks in our family routines and think I may have finally gotten onto a track that suits us.

The majority of items seen in this post can be read about here, in my stationery haul.


When I first open my Family Planner I am greeted with this cute picture of a french bulldog, we have a small Mini Fox Terrier x Shih Tzu so I thought this was even more adorable and fitting. It's not a permenant fixture and will probably makes it way to the fridge for all to 'awww' at.

In the card slots I keep an array of relevant sticky notes, flag tabs that I use to help simplify upcoming tasks. I try to keep the items minimal in the card section as I don't want to further 'bulk' that area.


I labelled my 'main tabs' and am quite happy with how they look now (prior I was using post it notes) My sections are:
Family
Home
Meals
Budget
Blogs (I have another blog which follows my adventures with sewing projects)
Sewing

I have also temporarily labelled (using post it notes) the month changes in my planner. For now this is working and helps me jump to a month rather quickly, however I will most likely make my own page dividers and label these too.


I made using A4 sheet protectors, my own A5 Filofax document protector 'hacks.' These work beautifully in protecting those special documents that you refer to often or even just the ones you don't wish to get torn, wrote on etc. I keep my; morning, afternoon/after school and before bed time routines in these protectors.

A lot of these routine ideas came from FlyLady.net if you're interested in starting or even improving your own house routine then I would suggest giving her website a look. 


Again, using another protector that I have 'hacked' to fit my A5 I place a to-do list for the week in. The coloured stickers are actually on the protector itself so that I can easily replace the to-do list but always prioritise what goes on the list.

The to do list pictured was me in over drive trying to get the house ready for my mum and nieces visit.


On the back on the to-do list (inside the sheet protector) is where I keep the coloured dot stickers for easy access.


I made up my own Grocery List Template in Microsoft Word, printed it out and hole punched it into the A5. I think it looks great and it makes meal planning a breeze. In this (meal) section, I also have a master grocery list, and inventory lists of the pantry, fridge and freezer. 


As we have now succesfully paid off the majority of our debt, I have simplified our budgeting system and it all now happily fits inside the 'budget' section of our Family Planner. I also made up this template shown below myself in Microsoft Word, printed it out then hole punched it in. Super simple.


I keep our rewards cards in here (apart from our supermarket reward cards, which stay in my wallet) and if we are going a large shopping centre I will generally take these cards, otherwise they stay safe in here.


In the Family Section everyone has their own 'area' which keeps track of medical information, personal and wish lists for everyone.  I have begun a 'Good Work Lily' chart/ system which rewards good behaviour, she can 'build' her stickers up to a prize (such as a new movie etc.) 

Lily loves this type of system and I'm really looking forward to seeing how we are getting along with it in a few weeks.


The majority of the items I am currently using, again as mentioned previously were purchased in my Stationery Haul (with my own money.) This is not a sponsored post, nor am I affiliated with anyone/ company mentioned in this post.


If you have an A5 and would love to share how you organise it, then please feel free to leave a link in the description bar below. I always love seeing how others stay organised. If I do find some quiet time this week I will aim to do a related video to this post, as I always find them fascinating too.

If you're not already, make sure you're a member of SkinnyBudget blog to have your chance at owning a Personal Domino (in personal size) Once I read 50 members I will be selecting someone at random :)

Until Next Time,





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I support the skinny budget concept. My planer is not a Filofax but a regular mini binder that I've customized from cover to cover. I recently made my own budget page similar to yours. My sticky note holder was made from a piece of acetate (from the packaging of a scrapbooking item I bought) I cut it to the size I wanted, rounded the corners and punched holes as needed. I made my own grocery list template (regular letter size) years ago but after seeing yours I will try to print it back to back to be able to fit it in my small planner...or maybe just fold it and punch holes as needed! Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I support the skinny budget concept. My planner is not a Filofax but a regular mini binder that I've customized from cover to cover. I recently made my own budget page similar to yours. My sticky note holder was made from a piece of acetate (from the packaging of a scrapbooking item I bought) I cut it to the size I wanted, rounded the corners and punched holes as needed. I made my own grocery list template (regular letter size) years ago but after seeing yours I will try to print it back to back to be able to fit it in my small planner...or maybe just fold it and punch holes as needed! Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover