Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fail Makeup Shoot

I was trialling out my new 'dupe' Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 Eyeshadows to see how they'd fair up with night time photography (more in particular a flash) and that's when things got a little crazy.

I'm not very good at taking myself seriously. I always feel like a strange pickle when I'm trying to take 'cute' photos, and have a tendency to give up/ make fun of myself... and get ONE good shot out of the bunch on a very good hair day. So I thought I'd share some of my 'behind the scenes' with you.

This 'face' makes an appearance at the start or the very end of my 'photo shoot.'  It says.. LOOK AT THESE LIPS... All smooshed up... I'm either trying to 'get into the zone' or am so far out of the zone I am just done for today.


Below is my natural smile. A rare species the 'natural smile' and the reason I am smiling like so? My 7 month old son was sitting on my lap at the time, talking to my concealer wand whilst bashing my lipstick on my desk... while I tried to take a half normal photo.

He is very adorable, I must say.

I started to notice quite quickly that you can't quite see the eyeshadow under the flash, this was quite disappointing as I was rather happy with the eyeshadow application and how it looked pre-flash. 



I really need to start using Dove's Summer Glow Gradual Tanner again. There is nothing wrong with beautiful pale skin, I should know.. it's generally what I have (even in summer) but I need a change and some warmth in my skin tone sounds great right now! 

My mamma is staying with us for a holiday, so I may use this time to get back into a routine with myself and organise some 'mummy makeover days.'

I've sort of slumped it a little since Winter emerged and made getting out of bed almost unbearable.



I will attempt to do a proper makeup tutorial using my newly acquired 'dupe' Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette later this week and goodies I received in my Violet Box.

Also I will start taking pictures of my adventure with Dove's Gradual Tanner for those who may be wanting a little 'tint' to their skin, or just some even coverage or just to see if I turn into 5' 7" Oompa Loompa. I'm a 1/4 Indian, and my mum has lovely darker skin then I, and as a result, she has never had to lay her hands on a 'Gradual Tanner' so I'm sure they'll be laughs when she sees me lathering up. 

I plan to trial it for 2 weeks. Should be interesting! 






Until Next Time,






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover