Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A5 Filofax or Personal Size?

Does Size Matter?

I was recently very fortunate to have been bought by my amazing Fiancé Luke, an A5 Finsbury Filofax in Antique Rose (it has been on my wish list since the beginning of my Filofax 'journey'), so I thought what better time then now to do a comparison of the two sizes I am currently using; personal and A5.

This post is quite picture heavy, the reasoning behind this is so you not only get my view on the difference, but you can see for yourself and have your own opinion :)

The only editing I have done to the images below is to add my website link, I have not tampered with the colouring of the images as I wanted you to be able to see, as true to the Filofax colours as you can. 



The new addition! My A5 Filofax in Antique Rose, I got it from the organisershop.com.au :) 


My personal sized Filofax Finsbury


Now for a few pictures of the size comparison





 Now let's take a look inside



I have taken a page (the striped pink, green and white one) out of my personal Filofax and laid it on top of my A5, as you can see there is quite a difference in height and width between the pages.


 



 How I use my Filofaxes

Personal: 

This is my 'stick in my handbag' and goes with me everywhere Filofax. I don't have all the personal information section in here filled out, as I really don't want to be carrying that everywhere with me. I have my to-do list in here, family events such as my mum coming to visit us etc. It is my day, week and month planner and helps me stay on track of little and big tasks ahead.

A5 Size:

This is my Home Planner. This doesn't come with me everywhere, it stays at home safe. It contains a lot of personal information and details that I don't wish to share with the world. This is what helps me maintain our home,  I keep categories such as the following in here:
- meal planning
- routines; morning, afternoon and night
- cleaning
- family section
- home inventory lists
- basic weekly plans.

My Verdict:

Whilst I love both sizes, in relation to being portable and carrying everywhere with me, the Personal size definitely wins in this area. My A5 is somewhat larger and heavier (especially with all that I have inside it) and with that, it is much more suited for me, being utilised as my 'management system' at home.

If I was to carry it around in my handbag (not that it would fit in my current one) I would most likely be continually opting to leave it in the car as it isn't the most compact unit for me to simply take out, and write appointments or notes in on a whim.

So depending on what you are using your Filofax for, an A5 or personal can both be excellent choices, I would simply encourage you to think realistically about your lifestyle, and the use you will have for that particular size.

If you found this post interesting, please feel free to share it on. Also if you have any questions or would like to see how I use my A5 as a home management system, simply let me know in the comments below as I love hearing from you all :)


Until Next Time,









8 comments:

  1. I have never been able to succeed having two planners at once - even for different purposes. It sounds like a great idea but I can't make it work. I can only handle one at a time.

    Love the pink - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep all the information simple and synced so I'm not over working myself and over thinking every detail, but some weeks are easier than others I think :) Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Great post. I am on uni holidays and have dedicated these holidays to sorting out my a5 planner as my 'life planner'. I also have the binder as you (purchased from the same place :) ) you're shaming me for letting it sitting on the shelf not doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my A5 as my life planner :) Helps me stay sane and organised! Good luck with organising your A5, that's half the fun sitting down and getting organised with your life planner :) x

      Delete
  3. Love this post! I can relate to the potential problems using 2 filofaxes at once can create. Both my a5 and my personal hold the same basic info but I go more in depth with my a5. And I dont know about you but i enjoy the time each night when I get to sit with both of my planners and sync them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica :) I love sitting down at the end of the day with my A5 and personal and syncing them! It is more work with 2, but I only keep basic information in the personal at the moment and all of my 'nitty gritty' things in the A5, so it's not really a labouring task managing the 2 :) x

      Delete
  4. I really like your post as well. I have been trying to figure out exactly how to efficiently keep 2 planners going and your use of the personal and a5 are perfect & enlightening. I am getting back into "planning" my life with my planner since I am running a business + doing a bit of homeschooling for my grandson who is preschool age - preparing to start a blog for personal and business, etc. I am a "list" person with minim notebooks everywhere....i decided it is time to get back into a more structured and organized system.

    Thanks for the post and I enjoy your blog. I think I too will really love the syncing process as well....



    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your post on Pinterest and wanted to say thanks. I have been trying to find a comparison of the 2 sizes before I purchase my first Filofax. Loved how you compared the 2 sizes so I can see the difference. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover