Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wedding on a Budget pt4



It's Wednesday Wedding Update time! The first thing I will mention is that our budget had to be...ahem upped as I hadn't considered what costs are involved with having a bridal/ grooms wedding party...and that was a regrettable budgeting fail on my part.

We went from $10,500 to $11,500 very quickly (I mean super quickly) so after a very I want to hit myself for being an idiot but don't want to seem like an idiot hitting myself moment, I re budgeted, moved a few things around and wa-la we were back in business bay-bee.


If you want to check my other posts (which show you my progress so far and what projects I am tackling then click here for Part 1, here for Part 2 or here for Part 3) otherwise read on to learn about...the online fail (I like to cover all fail areas, apparently.)

The day I tried my set on in the store...a beautiful day!

Wedding Dress: Ughhhhhhh! GAH and Blah! I thought I would just be very casual in my approach to 'obtaining' a wedding dress, seeing as I am not a huge 'dress' gal, but...that really came to bite me in the butt because I recieved it (after waiting 45 days for it to be custom made) and it was beyond words...terrible. It didn't seem 'custom' tailored to my body shape or size at all, I just feel like I'm swimming in lots of fabric :(

One day you may see this dress...one day

I haven't really looked back on the wedding dress 'incident' though (until this post...thanks post) if I'm to be honest, I didn't want to get hung up on the whole experience as it was very draining and frustrating, and it's the type of thing where I just wanted to have a tantrum and smack a pillow (yep, a 3 year old would have been proud of the tantrum I wanted to have.) The dress is safe in my closet and at this point I'm thinking I will put it for sale and see what it is to become of this...experience.

*rant over*

Wedding Budget Savings Plan: I recently changed organizers (read about my $1 gem here) and now I feel a lot more confident in my planning abilities, my biggest tip of all when it comes to wedding planning is to keep it as simple as you possibly can. I have simple tabs for different areas of the wedding (venue: ceremony & reception, celebrant, photographer, catering) and whatever information I need/ have for those tabs will go in their respective place. No headaches, no more dramas.

Well that's it from me for now, if you'd like to follow my progress/ share my journey to becoming a wife (officially) then make sure you're following this blog, I also have some very exciting (non pregnancy related) news to share with you in the upcoming weeks so stay tuned!


Until Next Time,






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover