Monday, April 29, 2013

Home Office Desk Organisation

I am always looking for new, more effective ways to keep myself (and my household) organised. It becomes almost a challenge to find that perfect system that works 'kink' free, so whilst on the hunt for that 'perfect' system, I have been on the lookout for a new, larger office desk for a while as my previous layout was feeling a little cramped.

I looked around on sites such as Gumtree for a while however the price range for the type of office desk/ furniture I was looking to upgrade to, was favouring the $300 and upwards... so I kept looking.

After a few weeks however, just like my $1 Filofax.... I struck lucky!




There it was, $70 of pure greatness, solid wood, complete with 6 spacious drawers and boasting plenty of space for everything that I use on my desk daily... Then.. not even 2 weeks later I found my new filing storage unit for $15 at a garage sale. It was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't mind paying $15 for it after we only paid $2 for our DVD stand. Bargain Buys!

$2 Garage Sale Bargain!


I much prefer the hanging files to our old filing system



Luke went to Kmart yesterday and picked up some 'hanging files' so I was able to make a new filing system for all our documents, it took about 3 hours to go through and sort all our old files/ needed to be filed documents but it was well worth the time. Now everything is easily accessible when needed.



I've been inspired by a lot of desks on Pinterest to go the more simpler route and opt for less items on my desk, making full use of my drawer space. Clutter always makes me feel overwhelmed and a little blah, so having a neat and simple layout to my desk only seems to encourage me to keep organised.

Plus, I am able to see what stationary items I am running low on/ have too much of, when they've all got their own designated spot in my drawer.


I picked up a to-do list pad from Kmart for $2 and a weekly planner (I think that was also $2) both of which are permanently on my desk for easy reference. I still have a to-sort paper pile, however I have moved this to my filing storage unit, I wasn't sure if this was a good choice however it seems to be working just fine.

I also picked up some purple desk top organisers from Kmart for around $2 - $5, these house spare cords, stickers for my planner and spare note pads. Out of the way, but still easily accessible if I ever need them.

I store an assortment of magazines on my desk (wedding, health and cooking) as they are all relevant to the planning/ organising I do. I avoid buying gossip magazines, and opt to only keep relevant material around... aiming to inspire ones self and all of that positive goodness. With only 10 months remaining until our wedding, it's always encouraging for me to have bridal magazines close by to gently remind me don't slack off, you're getting married soon!

So that's my Home Office Desk Organisation Layout, the revised edition nevertheless 

Remember for your chance to win your very own Filofax Domino (in personal size) all you have to do is be a member of the blog, one I reach 50 members I will be choosing someone at random. 
Have to be in it to win it, right? ;)

Until Next Time,


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing some of the great buys you had for a more functional, organised office. These items are really helpful to keep things in its proper place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Post. This information will increase more and more people to know about buying online furniture. I use to do buy furniture online as its time saving.


    Office reception furniture & Desks & Conference table

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although wooden castors are still manufactured, most of the surviving furniture made during this era which is available in antique stores nowadays has cast iron wheels instead of wood.

    container casters & Dumpster casters

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover