Thursday, April 25, 2013

Budget Savvy Bride: The Dress



May I cast your attention back to my first attempt at buying a wedding dress (you can read my post on that here) when I made the ... unfortunate decision to purchase my dress online, hey it works for some people, it just didn't work out for me... and sadly our budget got a smack for no reason. Sorry budget.


I have taken the experience from dress 1 though (I even cringe writing dress 1) and I intend to move forward, learning from my errors. 


I have since booked an appointment with an actual boutique, I made a call and discussed my budget, body shape and preferences in a dress and now I am excited for what Friday's appointment brings (I'll keep you posted of course.)

I never knew the 'technical' term but apparently I love modern-vintage dresses, and they seem to love high price tags *shakes fist* so I am hoping that on Friday I can try on a dress, it then becomes the dress and I will celebrate with a coffee (not in the dress of course.)

As for that previous dress (let's call her .... Lacey) I will be putting Lacey up for sale and seeing how she goes, she's a great dress, but not a great fit on me. 

Lesson very much learnt; no trying to cut corners! Or they'll end up cutting into your budget


Until Next Time,


1 comment:

  1. Prom dresses are still essential that a girl puts much thought in. An increasing number of girls are on their own dates for the prom night and increasingly boys go deer or with a group of friends. Prom night is often still the highest social event of the school year, however, it is also a time for fun and creating memories for all to enjoy and show off that gorgeous dress.
    Bridal Lingerie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover