Saturday, December 29, 2012

Banana Choc Chip Cookies

I don't usually post on Saturdays but I really wanted to share this recipe with you all that I tried for the first time, and it tasted AMAZINNGG!


It does contain butter, chocolate annnnd sugar BUT it's not something I am eating everyday so just be treat smart obviously :)

Ingredients


1/2 Cup of Butter: Softened
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Egg
2-3 Ripe Bananas: Mashed
2 Cups of SR Flour
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
1/4 Cup of Choc Chips
1/2 Cup of Rolled Oats: I just used Uncle Toby's Sachets (2)

Method

In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla essence, rolled oats and bananas. Then slowly add the flour until all well combined. I used an electric mixer for this, just to get a smoother consistency.

Then add the choc chips. I use Cadbury's Choc Chips purely for preference and they don't lose shape whilst cooking. Remember the choc chips only need a light stirring through at the end.




The mixture was a bit sticky, so I didn't have high hopes for it coming off the baking paper, but it did! I suggest that if the mixture gets too sticky, to add more flour.


I did two batches, and made around 30 cookies!  I have a fan forced oven and preheated it for 5 minutes. I then cooked the cookies for 10-15 until the top was golden in colour.

The cookies have a fluffy texture as I made them a little high in height, however they are still of cookie texture...and most importantly taste awesome!


There you have it! Banana Choc Chip Cookies that only took 10 mins to prepare, 10-15 to cook and much quicker to eat!
 

Do you like when I put recipes up on the blog? I know it's not budget related but they are cost effective ;)

Until Next Time,







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover