Monday, December 31, 2012

After Christmas Sales Haul Myer


This Christmas I was fortunate enough to receive Gift Cards and I LOVE Gift Cards. How great are they? (That's a rhetorical question) I always put off personal purchases such as new makeup or clothes until I absolutely have to buy them, not just because it's always crazy and stressful at the shops every time I try and go, but also I tend to feel a sense of guilt when I buy those things for myself. So this year, armed with only Gift Cards and the intention to break my sense of guilt, my family of 4 braved the after Christmas sales and I picked up a few much needed items/bargains that I am super pleased with and not at all feeling guilty about :)



I picked up this Nude by Nature Brush Kit for $24.95 (down from $29.95) I did purchase an imitation MAC brush set off Ebay 3 years ago, but I only have 2 brushes from them left, both of which are for my eyebrows...

I will do a full review and a makeup look using these brushes on my blog and YouTube channel shortly, so stay tuned for that!



I also purchased this Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in shade 95 Creme Brulee. I first heard about this particular shade on It'sJudyTime (YouTube her!) and since I don't really have a nude tone lip colour I thought this would be fun to test. 

All my other lipsticks have always been on sale, and well under $10 so this was a splurge for me, even though it was $15.36 (down from $21.95!) Again I will do a look with this lip butter soon.



I had just about run my black eye liner pencil to the ground, so one of the first items I was on the hunt for was a new black pencil. I purchased this NATIO Long Lasting Eye Liner in Black for $11.21 (down from $14.95). It's waterproof and has a built-in smudger.



The last item on my list (but the first that I actually picked up) is Burt's Bees Beauty Box. It was on clearance from $29.95 down to $14.00! Bargain! It comes with Sensitive Eye Cream, Lip Balm and Facial Cleansing Towelettes. I've heard really good reviews on the Burt's Bee Lip Balm from some YouTube Beauty Guru's, so I am excited to do my own review and let you all know if it's worthy of the hype.

I saved a total of $15.18 :) and only spent $66.08! With the money I saved, I then went to Target and bought a much needed white tank top for $12 using the remainder on my Gift Card.

I'm also using my new Canon Camera I got from my Fiancee Luke for the photos in this post :) It's such a great little camera! 

Did you snag yourself a bargain with the after Christmas Sales?

It's scary how fast this year has gone by. This is my last post for 2012!

See you in the new year :)

Until Next Time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover