Monday, July 16, 2012

DIY Manicure at home

Going to a nail salon for weekly manicures isn't something that fits into my life right now, but that doesn't mean I can't show off some beautifully manicured nai


Before & After Shot of My Nails




 


 
Steps:
1/ Firstly I remove all my old nail polish, preferrably I'd do this with nail polish remover on cotton balls but this time I didn't have any cotton balls so I used Cotton Tips instead (much more tedious.)
My top tip for this, especially if using Cotton tips is to work down from your cuticle upwards, to stop your existing nail polish smudging onto your skin.
2/ Cut nails back with clippers (or scissors) to your preferred length.
3/ File it! I shape my nails by using a nail file and curve out any sharp corners.
4/ Buffer! I lightly buff my nails to remove along any grit or bumps.
5/ I don't cut my cuticles, instead I just genetly push them down with a cuticle remover.






6/ I like to apply my hand cream on (that apparently smells like orange dishwashing liquid) and let it soak in for a little while. This helps combat the drying effect that the nail polish remover has on your skin.
7/ Details! If you don't want your nail polish looking messy, it's a good idea to give your nails a once over and make sure there is no remains of the old nail polish and that your skin isn't stained from it either.
8/ Base it! I use Sally Hansen: Diamond Strength. Diamond Shine (you can pick this up from BIG W, your local supermarket, Kmart or even Target). I then let this dry completley.
9/ I like to apply one coat of Nail Polish (I used Revlon 190 Strawberry Electric) to each nail, then go back to the start and apply the second coat. This allows me to give each nail that extra bit of care to avoid smudges. Then wait for the second coat to dry.
10/ Top it off! Again I am using Sally Hansen: Diamond Strength. Diamond Shine for this. Avoid using too much top coat as it'll take your nails much longer to dry, with the risk of your nails smudging still high even after they've set.


It wouldn't be the same without Lily getting her nails done too, luckily she has outgrown her 'need' to bite her nails now.

Until Next Time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover