Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pale Skin: Foundation Freakout!

I often think I have the skin of a red haired person.. you see, I didn't inherit my mother's Indian skin tone (just her thick, dark hair), instead I have pale, somewhat freckled skin (thanks father) and from this I have been lead on a constant journey to find the perfect shade of Ivory/without looking yellow-orange foundation.

Below are a few liquid foundation options (in the shades that I would generally choose) for you to get an idea of what my normal purchases would be. I've learnt via trial and error that Nude and Beige, are NOT complimentary on my skin so you won't be seeing them any time soon on my list.



Revlon PhotoReady: 001 Ivory - 002 Vanilla - 003 Shell


Covergirl Natureluxe: Ivory



Maybelline Fit Me! 115 Ivory (I am now currently wearing 120 Classic Ivory which is too yellow)

No matter what skin tone you may have, if you wear foundation, it's always more flattering when you find a shade that matches your skin tone, not one that masks it and if anything makes you ghostly white/yellowish/orange etc.

I've always purchased drug-store brands as I've never had the budget to splurge on high-end make-up, but I believe this has lead to my biggest problem: I have tried just about every shade of Ivory available, in a range from Covergirl to Revlon to Maybelline with no luck finding one that didn't leave me yellowish/orange looking or the need for Ivory pressed powder to be applied afterwards.


Which brand do you choose?


I am not giving up though. I believe there is a shade out there in an Ivory-ish colour that will compliment my skin and cost less then $30. My goal is to find a foundation under budget that still offers:

- Full Coverage
- Suitable for Oily/ Combination Skin (pregnancy has left my skin breaking out a bit)
- SPF Protection

I am open to tinted moisturisers but have found the majority of them offer sheer coverage, where I generally opt for a medium-full coverage. I will purchase foundation online ONLY after I have tried that particular shade on instore and found it was complimentary to my skin tone/needs.

What's your favourite shade? Are you a tinted moisturiser type or more full coverage? Let me know in the comments below x

Until Next Time,









2 comments:

  1. I am extremely pale and have cooler undertones.
    Try the Revlon ColourStay in Ivory. Its the Palest foundation I have found. plus it has spf and there's the oily/combination one and its full coverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaci,
      Thanks so much for your suggestion :) I haven't been stalking my general cosmetics stores lately, so I will have to go have a look and test it out.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover