Thursday, May 24, 2012

Haul: Kmart, Coles & The Dollar Store

 Kmart

Clothing:

 Lily and I both scored great bargains with our hauls @ Kmart this week: $157.95 for all of the above!

Lily looking rather adorable. Total outfit cost from top to toes: $22

Instead of maternity wear, I opt for non-maternity items in comfy, stretchy material that I can re-use post-baby :) The clearance racks in Kmart were full of things in my size and in styles that flattered my shape (growing belly and boobs)

Here's what I got:
2x Ruffled Dresses (easily team w/ tights, a belt to cinch the waist and a throw over cardigan)
1x Singlet (went bold and bought horizontal stripes)
1x Long black sleeve (lace fitted) top
1x waterfall type cardigan (in emerald and grey)
1x Cut out sleeve top (throw over the top of a plain long sleeve t-shirt)

Make Up:

 
Starlet Natural Coverage Cream Makeup (In natural Ivory) $6.95
I hadn't ever tried anything from their range previous and I think for me this foundation was a miss by far. The cream didn't spread easily and I felt like I had to use more than I would have liked just to get an even coverage. The match with my complexion was also a little darker than expected although worked with a lighter Ivory shade of pressed powder applied over the top.

Starlet Concealer ( In Neutral) $3-4
I was pleasantly surprised by this concealer. Not only was it affordable, but it was easy to apply and although a little stiff at first to blend, it matched perfectly with my skin tone and I was impressed with just how well it actually concealed my blemishes. Definitely would recommend it!

BeautyCare Co Green Tea Facial Wipes $2
These green tea wipes surprised me by how well they actually removed all my make up. They have a very mild green tea sent and left my skin feeling smooth afterwards. Quite impressed with the quality considering the cost.

The Reject Shop (Cheap Store)

 Small Tin  $1
I am going to be using it to store my bobby pins I'm forever losing

 Canvas Print $3
I needed a pop of colour for my bedside table, and this will suit perfectly with my oriental dolls that sit there already :)
 Candy Colour Frame $3
I have a few photos of Luke and I that I wanted to have framed and sat on my office desk so this was perfect!

Coles


 Garnier Fructis Oily Roots/Dry Ends $3 each
I am always on the lookout for that PERFECT shampoo and conditioner that leave my hair non frizzy and feeling a lot less dry. I'm excited to try Garnier Fructis as I've heard really good things about it. Will keep you posted.


 Schick Silk Effects+ $6.75
I used to use this type of razor when I was a teenager to prevent little knicks & cuts, & since I have super sensitive skin I found this works best for me.


 Shower Puff $2
I'm a little bit of a Germ-a-phobe so I buy one of these every little while. In pink...of course


 Clearance: Print T-Shirt  $3
This type of t-shirt is ideal for me because it's stretchy but also something I can add accessories to and dress it up with maybe jeans, a jacket, and boots.

 You made it to the end! Thank you if you did! Haha. I just wanted to show you how I keep things up to date with not only my personal style but in my household also. It doesn't have to be costly at all.

Do you have a go to store for all your bargains? Or do you, like me, shop around? Let me know in the comments below.

Until Next Time,












2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the bargains at Kmart at the moment. I am planning on going there on Saturday.

    This is a great haul :)

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmine,
      It's amazing some of the prices at Kmart right now isn't it? I don't work there or work for them, but I'm always in there just browsing around, most of the employees sadly know me now haha.
      Thanks for your comment.
      xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover