Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tackling Pimples

I like to think I'm a fairly confident young woman in most aspects but (and yes, there's a but) I am not always confident when I am breaking out in pimples.

With stress, a little extra chocolate consumption and being lazy with makeup removal lately, I have been granted a one way pass to pimple land. So here's how I am treating it:

- First I make myself aware of what is my trigger for stress. We want to not only aide the pimples to recovery, we also want to take away the stressor (as much as possible) did you know even smiling can help release endorphins that make us feel better.

- Hydrate. Remember your skin is your body's largest organ, so help it help itself by keeping well hydrated.

- Make sure your make up is OFF before your head touches your pillow. I know how easy it is to forget or not be bothered to at the end of a day but it'll help you significantly. You don't want to suffocate or clog your pores with heavy make up so be sure to wash it off.

- Have a good cleansing routine. I have only just started my second week of this but I am already MUCH happier with how I am looking. If it's organic cleansers you are interested in, then just look at my post for Lily loves Pearl products for some information on organic products.

Little extra's to remember:
- If you HAVE to squeeze your pimples, make sure you wash the area thoroughly after with make up remover pads (or similar) to eliminate the oil you've secreted.

-Hormone changes/imbalances can trigger painful breakouts, aide your skin to recovery by having a good diet and incorporate exercise into your lifestyle (even if it's a little bit at first)

- Some makeup remover wipes can sometimes irritate sensitive skin, I have a post on natural makeup removers which uses olive oil and water.

Whats your secret? Let me know in the comments below. Don't forget to follow the blog too so you're always in the loop.

Until next time,

Rainbow xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover