Tuesday, December 27, 2011

DIY French Manicure: Manicare Review

You should know this: I was not paid by this company for this review. It is simply my honest opinion.

What the Product?
A budget friendly DIY Manicure set from Manicare that you can pick up at most retailers for around $19.99 - $25.00 (AU)

The Brand?
I'm generally not a huge fan of DIY manicure kits as they seem too tedious to me (not a very patient person) and flake within a very short time. Effort. Wasted. But so far with Manicare, there's been no flaking or unfortunate smudges so I am quite happy with this brand.

The Bag:

Comes in a limited edition makeup bag (I'm not sure if there are other colours available as this was a gift) I will definitely be using this bag as my go-to travel bag.



The Contents:
  • French Pink Polish (12mL)
  • French White Polish (12mL)
  • French Finish (12mL)
  • French Tip Tapes x 10
  • Miracle Shiner Buffer
  • Cuticle Pusher.
The 6 Step Process:
  • First off was the cuticle pusher to make sure all of my cuticles were level
  • Then using the miracle shiner, I buffed my nails making sure all surfaces were smooth and free of old nail polish.
  • Using the Tip Tapes I painted a coat of French White on just the tips and allowed to dry before attempting to remove the tape
  • Then using the French Pink, I painted two coats (optional) over the entire nail and allowed it to dry for a further 10 minutes
  • After nails were dry I finished the look off by applying two coats of the French Finish.
So what's the verdict?
  • I found it slightly tedious with the tip tapes as they had a tendency not to stay in place, particularly on my right hand (which wasn't great as I am not left handed so I was a little doomed regardless)
  • The colours (once dry) have good staying power. Like most things, if you put some care and time into it, the better it will turn out.
  • The limited addition bag is great for toiletries, make up, hair ties etc. It's a very cute studded design too.
  • All in all this would make a great present as although it's a budget friendly item, it doesn't take away any value from the present itself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover