Sunday, December 18, 2011

Crunchy Cripsy Chicken


Crunchy Crispy Chicken (Strips)




Ingredients Needed:
** Depending on the quantity of strips you want

500g of Chicken Tenderloins **
2x Egg Yolks **
3/4 Cup of Milk **
2 Cups of Breadcrumbs **
Sunflower Oil (or oil of your choice)
Chicken Seasoning (optional)
Salt & Pepper (optional)




Utensils:

Chopping Board
Sharp Knife
Mixing Bowl (medium)
Whisk
Plate with Paper towel 
Small Bowl (for egg white)

Method:

  1. Slice the chicken tenderloins into even strips, removing any fatty parts.
  2. Throw the fatty parts in the bin.
  3. Once the chicken strips are all evenly complete it's time to prepare the 'coating'
  4. Combine the egg yolks and milk into a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
  5. Fill a bowl with the breadcrumbs and begin dipping the chicken strips into the 'coating' then fully covering in breadcrumbs. 
  6. Whilst doing this, prepare the oil in a frying pan (you can use a deep fryer) continually checking if oil is hot enough. I put mine at full heat (each stove top may vary)
  7. Continue with the strips until all the chicken strips have been coated and crumbed.
  8. Gently place each strip into the hot oil, be extremely careful not to 'chuck' the strips in as this increases your chance of getting hot oil flicked on you (NOT fun) 
  9. Leave strips to cook for around (varies with stove etc) 1 minute each side or until golden brown. If you want them to be very crunchy then I'd suggest leaving them for 30 -60 seconds longer each side.
  10. Once you are happy with their appearance, place onto a plate that you have covered with paper towel in order to drain excess oil.
That's it! Another simple, cheap and tasty recipe for Tuesday.

If you try it, be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below.





4 comments:

  1. I shouldnt read your food/recipes blogs, i always end up making them! I was wondering if you would do something along the lines of what you eat in a day or what you would recommend for a healthy daily diet.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SarahRose, thanks for visiting :) I know I have been pretty terrible lately posting these 'comfort' foods. Don't fear though, these crispy strips are 'relatively' healthy.

    I'd love to do a 'what I eat on an average day' type post, in fact I will do one this Tuesday and put some recommendations of what to include in your diet :)

    Thanks again for visiting :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love comfort food as well, except for the egg in your recipe i used natural yoghurt instead, as my fridge had frozen my eggs!

    I cant wait to see the next tuesday post. Well most of them actually. It's nice to see your back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks so much :) I appreciate it a lot

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover