Thursday, December 22, 2011

Battle of The Beauty Boxes

Warning: You are about to be well informed...

Battle of the Beauty Boxes is very much underway, not only in Australia but also worldwide. The purpose? To make your beauty product buying, simpler. However, now with so many beauty box subscriptions available, I feel just as confused about which one/ how many to subscribe to, as I do when I am standing in a store looking at over 30 varieties of mascara...why..is there...so many types....

I'd like to note, true to my OCD form I have simply alphabetized ( I used to think I had made that word up ha ha) the Beauty Boxes. This is NOT a sponsored post, this is an opinion post. I am not paid for my opinions.






What the Box? $15 a month beauty box subscription service delivered straight to your door containing "5 of the most luxurious beauty products"

When the Box? There is the option to make your subscription a 12, 6, 3 or monthly subscription. Payment & Processing (shipping) is said to be done on the 15th of every month.

Options to the Box? The 12 month option is worth mentioning as its total cost is $165 (1 month free) This has just been added to Bella Box, so if you're needing/ wanting to get into someones good books...this may be your chance..

Bonus? As part of an emerging trend, there is a men's subscription also available for $30 every quarter (4 months) where you will receive "6 - 8 of the best grooming products to hit the market"

Availability? Only available (currently) in Australia

Brands Associated with the box? Click here to go straight to their brand information





What the Box? $14.95 a month beauty box subscription service with "5 deluxe size samples" delivered straight to your door

When the Box? A monthly or yearly subscription is available and processed around mid month (like the majority, if not all of beauty box subscriptions)


Options to the Box?
  1. Monthly subscription service only for the women's beauty box. 
  2. However there is now also the option for a men's box for $19.95 quarterly (every 4 months) with 6 -8 luxury sized samples. 
  3. If you refer a friend (and they subscribe) you in turn receive 200 Glossydots, leave feedback on products and you can collect up to 100 Glossydots per box.


Glossydots? A reward system for not only referring a friend (who subscribes), but also leaving feedback. Collect 1,000 and you get a free GlossyBox.

Availability? Glossybox in Australia took over the company formerly known as Beautybox this year, so whilst the name is new to Australia it is certainly know over the world including UK and America.


Brands Associated with the Box? Click here to go straight to their brand information

Click here to see my opening of Decembers Glossybox


Click the GlossyBox link above to go directly to their site.





What the Box? $14.95 a month beauty box subscription service with 4-5 "luxury, small sized beauty  products" delivered straight to your door

When the Box? A monthly or yearly subscription is available and processed around mid month (like the majority, if not all of beauty box subscriptions)

Options to the Box?
  1. You are able to make an annual commitment or simply a monthly one, like Bellabox the 12 month subscription provides one month free but for $164. Subscription is not refundable but is transferable.
  2. There is also a points system where you receive 10 'love points' per month for your monthly subscription or 110 for an annual one. You can also earn points by supplying feedback for the items you have received.

Points? "The idea of LovePoints is very simple: Collect LovePoints and improve your chances in winning special prizes" (As displayed on the ILoveThisBox website)

Availability? Not limited to Australia, I know Canada and the UK have it ..I'm not sure who else, if you know comment below please

Brands Associated with the Box? Click here to go straight to their brand information


Click the ILoveThisBox link above to go directly to their site.




What the Box? $14.95 a month beauty box subscription service with 5-6 "premium and exclusive sized samples" delivered straight to your door. Relatively new company, launching on July 1st 2011


When the Box? A monthly or yearly subscription is available and processed around mid month (like the majority, if not all of beauty box subscriptions)

Options to the Box?
  1. You are able to make an annual commitment or simply a monthly one, like the above boxes the 12 month subscription provides one month free but for $160 making it the cheapest one. 
  2. There is also a rewards system (seems very common) 160 reward points for 12/m subscription or 15 reward points per month for monthly subscription.

Points? You will find with most Beauty Box websites there is an online store. This is where your points/ rewards come in handy. Save enough points and you are then able to purchase full sized products without the need to spend 'real' money.

Availability? This has been viewed as Australia's version of Birch Box so the availability at current is limited to within Australia.

Brands Associated with the Box? Click here to go straight to their brand information


Click the Lust Have It! link above to go directly to their site.

I understand this post does not contain all the beauty boxes available (that would be quite a large post) but if there is one you would like me to review, let me know in the comments.


My Verdict

The best decision you can make on this type of thing, is a well informed decision so I wanted to just give you the facts as best I could.

All of these beauty boxes have left people 1 of 3 things:
  1. VERY excited about the next box to come
  2. VERY confused about what their opinion on the box is 
  3. VERY dissatisfied which has led to a YouTube or Blog Post... 
I know I have been disappointed at times with what I have received or not received, but I think I will stick it out until after January 2012 and see if things have improved or snowballed.

There have been great reviews on each box mentioned above, and then not so great reviews which have had some very fair points made in them, so all in all it does seem a gamble at times.

If you would like me to review something in particular just comment below or email me. I'd love to hear from you all (contact information is provided in the separate tab above.)








4 comments:

  1. Great Post! My favourite has to be Bellabox and also Beauty Basket which was just released. I like how LHI includes brands I haven't heard of (the same with Bellabox). Its always great to try something completely new out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) I try and keep up with as much of it as I can, but with so much happening right now with all the beauty boxes it's quite a task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was back and forth between countries for a while and was so frustrated at not being able to sign up for a beauty box, so I went mad when I finally settled and subbed to four of them. Going to trial them for another month or two to make up my mind and keep two but so far I think I love Bella Box. Lust have it has been pretty decent also but I was a bit dissatisfied with Ilovethisbox. I'm still waiting on my Glossybox but I couldnt help looking at spoilers. It really does cause confusion as I dont want to unsub and then miss out on a good box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jimmi, I feel your pain. It's such a gamble as to when you will get a good box and when it's a miss. It doesn't make it any easier when other people's boxes for that month are better than yours.

    I also take into consideration the customer service for each of the companies and which one was easier/nicer to deal with.

    Thanks for reading my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover